Sunday, February 22, 2009

Randomness . . .

I've got green eyes, am 5'10" and weigh around 110. There is no overt exercise in my life, I was born this way. I'm tall and thin, but eat whatever I want. Seriously, the amount of food I consume in a day horrifies my girlfriends.

I just turned 40, and am pretty excited about it because now, somebody, somewhere, is going to have to take me seriously on the basis of my age alone. I am Pirate Queen all year long!

This year my daughter turned 21 and we went to Portland. We bought amazing little black dresses, oversize dark sunglasses and took pictures of ourselves at Tiffanys early in the morning. We giggled ourselves sick. Yeah - I'm THAT girl.

I have two kids (1 boy, 1 girl), 1 dog and 1 cat. I don't like the cat, and the fact that I feed her is proof that God has a sense of ironic humor.

I am dating the most amazing man in the world. I don't know how God saved Ian for me, for all these years, but He did, and I am grateful. To be loved like I am, every single day, is a treasure that every human being should receive. He says I am his happy ending, and I believe he is mine.

I love my job and I like being a girl, but can do boy jobs if I have to: I assembled my own barbecue and a free-standing, portable regulation basketball system. Both work.

I like black coffee, tea, ginger ale, red wine and Guiness. I love to cook but dislike the cleanup. In my fridge right now I have some sashimi from last night's sushi, some roast lamb, carne asada, and chicken fried steak with gravy. I love fine food, but am always ready for a really good hamburger or taco - and burnt marshmallows . . and spaghetti. I . . . am a carnivore. Sometimes at night, I crave Carl's Jr.

I'm quirky. There's no getting around it. I try to blend in, but camouflage isn't my style - I get tired of people running into me and saying, "Sorry, I didn't see you there!" I know exactly who I am, but I'm happy to let you come to your own conclusion about me. I don't like being the center of attention but I'm no wallflower, though I can be a bit shy when I'm nervous - the question is, what makes me nervous?

Three things I am certain of: God is real; whole milk is one of the yummiest things on the planet; I am loved.

I am teaching myself to play the piano. It's harder than I thought, but I conquered Fur Elise and my dog almost doesn't twitch at all anymore.

Things I'm drawn to: British humor (Hot Fuzz was just damn funny), Patrick McManus, art, Roman Military History, Agatha Christie's Poirot and Miss Marple, camping, learning anything new, cotton candy, REM, the way snow smells and how it turns a midnight sky pink when it's falling, books, old movies, Looney Toons, tea, and Stock (it's a flower). Simple things make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment